Sunday, August 29, 2010

Seven-Six-Two Millimeter

Sometimes things remind me of the ex and it really catches me off guard..  I've finally gotten to the point that I do not think of him daily (took years) so when things remind me of him it shocks me a bit.  Though, I suppose it shouldn't.  I spent around a third of my life with him.  And I will spend the rest of my life with a piece of him.

I generally don't watch movies more than once.  I generally don't read books more than once.  There are so many movies and books in the world, who has time to reread or rewatch?  There were a few movies, though, that the ex and I enjoyed together - Super Troopers, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, and Full Metal Jacket.  We would use quotes from these movies in our everyday vernacular, as I have mentioned before.

I just finished watching Full Metal Jacket.  I had forgotten that there are so many quotes that the ex, in particular, used frequently.  "I'm in a world of shit."  "I didn't know they stacked shit so high."  "I bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around."  "numb-nuts"  "What is your major malfunction, numb-nuts?"

Okay, so while I am compiling these quotes I can't help but notice the vulgarity.  It is what it is.

So I wonder, do other people use these phrases?  These are classics, right?

2 comments:

  1. I have a habit of grabbing onliners from movies I love and using them to death ;)

    Steven Anthony
    Man Dish~Metro Style
    &
    Life in the Fish Bowl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use lots of lines from movies, and FMJ is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?