Friday, December 13, 2013

You Don't Know Me

Look, here's the thing. You don't know me. You don't know my story. You don't know what I've gone through, what I am going through, what I will have to go through. I don't presume to know any of these things about you either.

Don't tell me how to live my life.

I know that sounds very 16 year oldish of me, but it is true. I know what is possible and what isn't. I know you are just trying to help or something, trying to impart some wisdom on me, but really, maybe those 16 year olds are onto something. I'm an adult, I make my own decisions and I don't apologize to anyone for them. You don't know my desires, needs, motivations for doing these things. And you still think you know what is best for me?

No. A real friend tries to help out with some suggestions. Tries to help you problem solve a little. A real friend understands when it is too much for you to handle. A real friend doesn't judge you for that. A real friend stands by you and supports you even if she doesn't support your decisions. A real friend doesn't say "I told you so", even if she did.

I'm tired of people thinking they know what is best for me and presume to know what I am capable of. Yeah, for somethings I have excuses, but you know what? They are valid. You might understand that if you knew me, but you don't. And the way you are headed, really, I don't think you will be getting to know me. Ain't nobody got time for dat.

3 comments:

  1. I understand completely. How come people can't just ask "How can I help?" instead of offering me so many suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should not judge others on basis of their decisions in life.We sometimes spend whole life with someone but don't know him even so little.You can show your writing perfections through your paper writing services and you seem not taking it serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are very open and intensely clear explanation of issues. It was truly information. tik tok video

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?