Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fired

Have you ever been fired?

I have been. I was in school and I was sharing a car, so when I went to the gas station for my interview and was told I would be working 2 - 10 every Saturday I was psyched. Exactly what I needed.

But not so much. I was under the impression that I had a set schedule. The schedules came out on Mondays and it was kinda far from my house, so I never checked it. This became a problem quite quickly when management kept scheduling me for different hours - usually more hours. So when I showed up on Saturday at 2 and the people were pissed because I was supposed to be there at noon, I told them I was told when I was hired, that I was working 2 - 10.

This did not make me popular. Actually everyone hated me and this continued for a few months. Finally I found a different job at a restaurant and I put in my two week notice. I was moving the Saturday after I put in my notice and had requested the day off. Again, I didn't check my schedule and didn't know I wasn't given the day off. I mean, I would've taken the day off either way because I was moving - what did they want me to do?

So, while I was moving, I got a phone call telling me I was fired. But how could I be fired after I had quit??


Mama’s Losin’ It

P.S. Come like my facebook page!

3 comments:

  1. haha, it seems to me that you were not a good fit for that job and that job was not a good fit for you! So glad you got out of there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is funny--I don't know how you could be fired after you quit. Thanks for stopping by. Stopping by from mama kats kelley at the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. They definitely wanted to get that last jab in didn't they!?! Rude!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?