Thursday, April 28, 2011

Some Stuff

So, Obama released a copy of his birth certificate. Donald Trump is taking the credit. Well la-de-fricking-da. Obama was born here. You were wrong. Now you just look like an ass.

I have a good kid and he drives me mad. How do parents with not so good kids do it?

The problem with trying to read someone that you don't really know is that you don't know them well enough to read them. Sounds like its obvious? Not to all of us, okay?

A quick story for Mama Kat's writing workshop: an embarrassing story from school. I generally don't get embarrassed. I have a high tolerance or something. Drunk friends can easily spit out something told in confidence, though, and my face turns redder than a beet. (Does anyone even eat beets?) I was out and about with a friend in college and we saw this guy I knew from high school. I'm about to say hi when she says to me very loudly "Isn't that the guy that you like from your high school?" Extremely awkward.

One last thing. I'm going to the SITS Bloggy Boot Camp May 7th. I'm going with Mel and Frannie! We are going to have so much fun! Has anybody else been to anything like this?

7 comments:

  1. I eat beets. But only if they're cold not if they're hot cuz that's gross.

    Bloggy Boot Camp Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had a beet in my life. They don't look good to me. Hmm...

    Not too much longer until I'm there in Salem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go to a bloggy boot camp but don't think I can arrange it this year. Maybe next. I picked the same prompt. Stopping by from Mama Kat's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beets, hot or cold! I'll be at that boot camp ~ very new at this blogging thing, so really looking forward to learning and meeting people. Chose the same prompt ~ I, however, was way too easily embarrassed and often as red as that proverbial beet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leave it to a friend to throw you under the bus like that in front of a guy. Have fun at BBC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you're Russian, you eat borcsht (beet soup). My grandmother practically drank the stuff. It's actually pretty tastey.

    I like your blog! Fun with just a bit of snark. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate beets. Unless they're included in a dish by a gourmet chef. I've had that happen and ate beets and actually really liked them. It was a Joey Lawrence "WHOA" experience.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?