Monday, April 4, 2011

Through the Rabbit Hole

Finally. A little bit of time alone. I must remember to thank Mom profusely. What should I do with this time? Well, the living room really needs vacuuming, but that's dumb. I should throw a kegger or something. Pretend that I'm 22 again. Ok, here's the deal: vacuum the living room then party. Perfect.

La de da... I hate vacuuming... La de da...

Fuck this couch is heavy. Maybe I should put it off til next time. No. That's what I said last time. Just behind the couch then I can get started on my keg.

What the... I don't remember this little door. No, I definitely would've remembered an Alice-in-Wonderland-door. I wonder... hey, it opened easy enough. If only I had one of those nifty "Eat Me" cakes. Well, what do you know? Ask and you shall receive. Mmmm... Carrot cake. I ought to find out who makes these and... Whoa there! Okay, smaller, smaller, I dig it.

Holy shit! This place is beautiful! Look at all the butterflies! And the sun, so bright - not sure how it fit in my house... and the trees. Are those... yeah, there are books growing on the trees. I'll just grab one, here, ah, Catcher in the Rye, that's a good one. And I'll just sit upon this soft grassy knoll. "'If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born..."

"...Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody." Ahhh... how nice it is to finish a book in one sitting. I... oh no! How long have I been in here? The kids are probably looking for me. Where's that door? There it is. Kids! Mommy is coming!

That's weird, I'm normal sized again. And the house is quiet. What time... its not a minute later than when I went through the door to begin with... so peculiar.





Imagine you're home alone (I know this may be hard to visualize but work with me here) and you stumble upon a secret passageway in your living room. The passage leads to a room of your very own, one that you will never tell another living soul about. This is your sanctuary. What does your room look like? What will you do here? Be as creative as you want and add a twist of magic.

6 comments:

  1. Catcher in the Rye! Perfect....I like you how you went ala Alice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, how come my living room doesn't have a tiny door with cake in it? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my living room needs an escape hatch too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very fun. I could totally use such a room in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate vacuuming too! Finish a book in 1 reading would be a dream come true for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think most moms NEED an escape. Great post!

    www.stickburbia.com
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?