Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happiness

This week's Life Well Lived question:


How do you teach the children in your life happiness? Please share your best tools and tips in the comments below.


I try to teach Ryder happiness by trying to be happy myself. When he does something good or makes something I am sure to shower him with compliments and encouragement. He picks up on that and says how happy he is.


I teach Ryder that if he does something, like getting dressed on his own, it will make me happy. So he learns what makes other people happy. At the same time I try to learn what makes him happy and identify it as such. 


Happiness is difficult for me because I am so unhappy a lot. Since my Boyfriend moved in, there has been a whole lot more happiness in our house :D


Here is a link to the main post - come and join the conversation! Oh, and don't forget to enter their sweepstakes. 

4 comments:

  1. And it's so sweet to see the look on their little faces when they know that they did something that made you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids need to have that encouragement. I love to see the look on my kids' faces when they accomplish something. Giving them that extra encouragement not only makes them happy, but it gives them the confidence to accomplish even more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that modeling happiness yourself is the best way to teach your children to be happy. I"m glad you've had more happiness in your life lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like to think of happiness like any other emotion, with a natural beginning, middle and an end. The key for me is just to enjoy it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?