Friday, March 2, 2012

Railroad Tracks from Hell

I am afraid of the platforms at the train station. I've been riding trains for a good portion of my life - you'd think I would be used to them by now.

I am terrified that I or someone else will fall onto them. Most platforms (all?) have a space under them that you can duck into if the train is coming, but that is no comfort to me. I still picture myself falling onto the tracks and cracking my skull open and dying.

We were at the subway station one day when Ryder was much younger and he was running around the platform. He was not listening to me so I ran over and grabbed him. There was a seeing eye dog that started growling at me. All the people were looking at me, but I didn't care. My kid was not getting hit by a train. Even if that lab attacked me.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like a scary thing to me too. And if people look funny at you for loving your child and taking care of him...just feel sorry for them as they do not know love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was in New York City I stood against the wall waiting for the train. I have this irrational fear that someone is going to come along and push me in front of the train.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?