Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Abandonment

Book review time! Some people STILL read books...share one of your more recent reads and tell us what you thought!


I still read actual physical books. I know. I am old school ;) I recently read My Abandonment by Peter Rock.


The book is about a young girl who lives with her father in a cave in a nature preserve. Everything is perfect until they are found out and the father is arrested. They end up moving to a farm where the father's slowly apparent mental illness worsens. I won't spoil the rest.


This book was wonderful. The narrator is the young girl and because of her age she is very unreliable. We only see things from her point of view, which is not necessarily the whole picture. Her voice is so strong, though, that you can really picture everything that is happening. The story becomes harder and harder to put down. I strongly recommend it.






Mama’s Losin’ It

7 comments:

  1. Sounds right up my alley! Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read physical books! Just like the feel. This book does sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a book I would love. I read on my Nook, real books, cereal boxes, anything I can get my hands on really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to read ACTUAL books!! It just feels right..what can I say! I have a nook also but I never pick it up. Anyway, I just finished a book by a very inspirational author. His name is Max Lucado and the Title of the book is "Traveling light: releasing the burdens you were never meant to carry." This book was so encouraging to me because I've found that in the journey of a woman's life we carry around so many "extra bags" such as bitterness, lonliness, worry, doubt, and others. But God never intended for us to carry all that. Jesus tells us to "cast our cares on him, because he cares for us." After the reading I knew what I needed to do..I lost weight!! I made the choice to not carry all that stuff anymore!! It is a daily struggle but with God's strength, one day I will leave those bags alone for good.

    upyourimage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great book, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book does sound very interesting. I am sure that I will always read physical books as well as online. I have to read everything I see ... I'm a cereal box reader, too.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?