Thursday, December 2, 2010

Writing and Learning

I have been meaning to write about this for a while now, so I am glad that it is today's prompt.

What inspires you to write?

I write with the hope that by the end I will have learned something.  Usually it is something about myself, but not always.

Sometimes I write about stuff other than myself - I do!  Look at my tag cloud! - and sometimes I even do a bit of research.  Sometimes it is just a rant, but even then, looking at it after it is done, I hope to find insight and perhaps even tolerance.  I hope, perhaps, that some of you might gain the same.

Most of the time, I write about my feelings.  I write about my fears and concerns and self doubts.  I write to let them all out and sort through them.  I can't make sense of them when they are twisting and turning in my head.  They look less scary on paper or on the screen.  More manageable.

I write to learn about myself.


Mama's Losin' It

3 comments:

  1. Mama Kat is the reason I started my 2nd blog! Only way I could do writers workshops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I write to learn what I think, too! (Visiting from Mama Kat.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's an awesome reason to write. I do that too but sometimes I'm just a goob lol

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?