Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Fucking People, Man

When I see someone going the wrong way down a one way street, I stop them and say "Hey, buddy, this is a one way street." Then they say oops, are embarrassed, then turn around. (Or in the case of taxi drivers, they continue the way they were going.)

This is not the case tonight.

I indicated that I was going to take a right onto a one way street. I had not even begun to turn the car, so I could not see the Do Not Enter. A car going the correct direction blows the stop sign and stops directly in front of my car.

Behind the car was a garage and some huge dude starts yelling "One way! It's a one way!" Over and over again. The woman in the car is saying the same thing. I notice my mistake and turn off my blinker.

These people continue to yell at me. I say okay, okay, but that was not enough for them. The yelling continued. I kinda thought that if that car was not between us, this vigilante mechanic would kick my ass. I could not move, mind you, because the car was directly in front of me. The woman yells "What are you doing?" I look her straight in the eyes and say "Okay, one way, I am sorry." She either saw the desperation in my eyes or she had to rush home to prepare her broom for her evening ride, but either way she moved and I was able to make a U-y and go the other way.

I know I almost went the wrong way, and I am grateful that they told me. But I felt like I was on trial. I needed to stand up, swear on the bible and beg the court's forgiveness, after I properly explained myself, of course.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

2 comments:

  1. Can you say, "overreaction"? Wow, what is wrong with those people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeezy Creezy - I think one "wrong way" would have been sufficient.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?