Tuesday, February 8, 2011

In Which Coffee Has a Hard Time with the Trash.

I have just seen a new level of inconsiderate and disrespectful behavior that I think I've seen in recent years. Maybe I'm over reacting but I'm just stunned.

Our train was called and everyone began to push fellow commuters for THE best seat. A woman in front of me, walks by the Dunkin Donuts in the station. She then places her empty coffee cup on top of one of their brewers. And walks away. Surely she must have some repertoire with the D & D employees, right? Not an employee in sight. Apparently she thinks that they are lowly servants that just pick up after her fucking ass.

No, they are probably not the pillars of their community, but maybe they are. They are just working their job, just like me, trying to feed their families. It is surely not a glamorous job, but, shit, you gotta do what you gotta do. You do not deserve to be disrespected by people who believe they are better than you.

I may add that there are a half dozen trash cans between Dunkies and the train.

A related incident that astounded me was in a shopping lot. I was putting R in his seat and our carriage was right behind me filled with our groceries. A family walked by and one of the adults put their coffee cup on my carriage. WTF? So this person is considerate enough to not throw it on the ground, but doesn't feel like they should have to go out of their way to find a can. So, now, I look like the asshole who leaves their trash in the carriages. Because what am I supposed to do with it? I can't just leave R in his seat while I run around looking for a can. Why couldn't they at least put it in an empty cart? Not that I condone that either.

These people have probably never even thought about their behavior nearly as long as it has taken me to write this. Hopefully someone somewhere calls them out on it. Maybe they will consciously become aware of their behavior and stop being disrespectful. Or maybe they will just tell them to fuck off.

3 comments:

  1. I hate when people do it. Ugh.

    BTW, what is a carriage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some people have no idea what goes on around them and their little universe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people think that other people don't exist. :-) I swear! The people that pick up their garbage, wipe down their tables, clean their hotel rooms, all of these people are beneath them -- haven't you heard? :-)

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?