Monday, May 9, 2011

A Few of My Favorites

Growing up I hated action films. "I am a pacifist," I would declare. I was fooling myself. I always loved The Godfather, and that isn't exactly a romantic comedy.

I never liked romantic comedies, for the record.

Action/adventure? Yes. I think I first really noticed that this was my genre when I would go into the section with my ex and find all my favorites. Apocalypse Now? Oh. Who knew?

Mobster and war movies are my favorite sub-genres. The Departed has that extra Boston element to it too. I do not like Jason Statham movies. Crank was about the worst movie ever. Though it is not the lack of plot that I hate. I hate plenty of movies lacking plot: Sucker Punch for one. That is a great movie about girls kicking ass. What more does a movie need? A great soundtrack maybe? Check! It's got that too.




What is your favorite movie genre?

2 comments:

  1. I like all kinds of movies, action, comedy, romantic comedy, and documentaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sci-Fi.

    I have a Buffy the Vampire Slayer lunchbox. That should say it all.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?