Monday, May 30, 2011

Three Lessons From the Playground

~Other parents are way more tolerant than I think. Ryder seems to ask every adult on the playground to watch him, or catch him, or help him. I run over and try to help him myself, but of course he doesn't want my help. I've learned that the other parents are okay with the whole thing. Maybe their kids do the same.

~Sometimes it is okay to break the rules. You'd think I would know this by now. It us a really difficult lesson to remember. Sometimes pretending not to see him is okay as long as it is not dangerous. What playground nowadays can you even do anything dangerous in?

~You don't have to maintain clear sight at all times to be a good parent. If Ryder runs behind a tree for a second, it does not mean he has been stolen. It is okay for a piece of playground equipment to obscure my sight for a second or two.

3 comments:

  1. I used to let my kids do things that I used to do but would be afraid to WATCH them do. I am talking about things I consider a normal part of growing and learning. So I let them play football and clomb things, etc. They were little, in grade school perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I remember having to learn this myself. And I generally need validation from another parent before I actually believe it!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?