Thursday, May 5, 2011

Hospital Cafeteria

Throughout high school I had only one job: hospital cafeteria. Unlike some of my other minimum wage comrades in other fields (such as fast food or retail) my job was extremely lucrative. I made *drumroll* $5.82 per hour. Every hour! It was a lot back then.

Anyways, it was a fun job. Everything worked like an assembly line. The food preparation, distribution, and cleaning. My favorite part was cleaning. They gave you a powerful hose and told you to get everything wet. ¡No problemo!

Of course we were an unlikely bunch of coworkers who became an equally unlikely group of friends. There was always good chatting, well meant jabs, lively cigarette breaks, singing, dancing, and soaking each other with the aforementioned hose.

The job itself sucked, but the people made it fun every day.


Mama’s Losin’ It

7 comments:

  1. $5.82 an hour! You were a big baller! I think my first job only paid $4.15.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a lot like my first job at McDonald's. If I could work with those people today as an adult, I wonder if I'd like my job more?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the people you work with can make all the difference in a job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working with great people really can make all the difference! And a great boss is like gold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. with the right crew, the worst of jobs can be girls night out! (well, almost..) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am certain my first job didn't pay that much AND there was definitely no hose (best part I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo the cleaning part sounds like a blast...literally! ;)

    Visiting from Mama Kats =)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?