Wednesday, June 29, 2011

What do you find most challenging about blogging?


Knowing what to write about, or what not to write about, is the most difficult part of blogging to me. Sometimes I just have no idea. Even these writing prompts can't help me sometimes. A lot of times it seems like the more I want to write, the harder it is. Or there are times that I desperately want to write about something that I know I shouldn't. I'm talking about private things that have no business being on the internets. It is difficult sometimes because this is my outlet. This is where I write my thoughts and can get feedback.


One of the problems is that I do not know what my niche is. Day 4 in 31 Ways to Build a Better Blog is to analyze a top blog in your niche. Here is where I got stuck. Pretty early on, eh? What is my niche? It used to be the single-working-mother blog but not so much any more. I'm more than that now. There is more to me than being a mom who works. But what does that mean to me? Who knows.




Mama’s Losin’ It

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about trying to find your niche...I struggle with that as well. I figure that as long as I keep writing everything will work it self out eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes--how do we find our niche? Good question. I started my blog as a way to help me heal from PPD, but it evolved into something different. I don't even really talk about PPD all that much. Yet I was nominated on Circle of Moms as one of the top mental wellness blogs. I was floored. Is that my niche? I don't feel like it is, but if my readers do, then I guess it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't have to have a niche. At least that's my way. I also had that validated for me this past weekend at a blogging conference, and I learned it is totally OK to be niche-free. :) And that's the way I wanna be!! You be you. :>

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?