Thursday, December 8, 2011

This Year vs. Last

I have a problem with the holidays. This hasn't changed. Last year at this time I was writing about the same thing. I wrote about how my Christmas tree tried to kill me and how the ghost of marriages past kept haunting me.

This year, though, is a whole lot better. We are going to have Christmas morning at our house this year. We've always gone to my Mom's, but that always made me sad. The fact that I didn't have a big enough family to stay home for. This year I am happy with the size of our small family. And speaking of which, my wonderful Boyfriend will be joining us as well on Christmas. He actually makes me (dare I say it?) happy. And finally, we set up a great tree that hasn't tried to kill me once! We had a great time decorating it and I really feel like it is important this year. That's a big change from last year.


Mama’s

11 comments:

  1. This year sounds much more promising! Enjoy your little family's Christmas day! Oh, and I'm glad the tree didn't try to kill you... that would kind of put a damper on the whole holiday spirit thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Mama Kat's...

    So glad that you can celebrate Christmas in your own home. Sounds like you will have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate holidays too, it's so commercialized. Having a big family can be so overrated;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful turn of events! It sounds like you will be having a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like youre Christmas is shaping up much better than last year with the assassinating tree. I'm happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that this year seems much brighter for you! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry holidays! I hope you enjoy the season!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    Hope you have a lovely Christmas morning at home.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours from N Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to hear that your tree didn't try to kill you this year! I hate when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're having a better go of it this year. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?