Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Others

I often wonder if people look at me and think that I am crazy.

I do not hide the fact that I take meds for depression and anxiety. I mean, I do not carry a sign or anything, I just don't deny it when asked.

I wonder if that makes people think I am crazy. Or just the opposite.

I wonder if people look at me and think "She's overweight." Or do I carry the extra poundage well?

I wonder if people think I am a good mom. People say I am, but would you tell someone if they weren't?

I wonder what people think about me. I do not obsess over it, but I do wonder.

Do you?


5 comments:

  1. I had thought to get one of those "depression" tee shirts from bringchange2mind but backed out for now.

    I don't know. I think a lot of nasty stuff about myself that probably pales in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to wonder - not worry - but wonder. I no longer do. It truly doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to wonder and worry about what others thought about me to the point that I would alter who I was to be all that I thought others needed me to be. I learned a hard lesson during that time..that I can never be all that someone else thinks I should be and in trying I found myself drowning in misery. I began learning myself again and loving what I found out..that I am a great mom, a loving wife, a loving person. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from perfection! I definitely have my faults. But overall I am a great person so now it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
    Blessings and belief,
    Anna
    upyourimage@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up trying to be what I thought people wanted me to be. You just can't maintain the energy to be a facade, because eventually that wears away and then where are you at?

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's this great quote:

    “You wouldn't worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

    Because the truth is - everyone else is worried about their own lives, so.. they don't have time to be concerned about the small things you worry about.

    It's a sad truth about the world.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?