Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Candy Whore?

I had some Reese's Pieces today. I know you are jealous. Why did I have a bag of them, I am sure you are wondering, why, let me tell you, Loyal Reader.

We were up in Concord, NH, for the evening and we needed a snack. The closest store was a Rite-Aid. Now, I don't think I've been in a Rite-Aid for over a decade, but it was there. We went in and, per usual, we examined every item in the store before settling on the items we looked at first. I spied a buy one get one free sale on the Reese's and I had to have two bags!

We went up to the cashier and she asked if I had one of these Wellness cards. I told her that I didn't but asked that she use the store card. Well, apparently, there is no store card. So, if I wanted my free bag of Reese's (of course I did) I would need to sign up for one of these dumb cards. So, I did. I gave her my phone number and she gave me a Wellness card. I tried to walk away without it, but she made sure I remembered to take it.

I promptly threw it away when I got home. What do I need with one of these cards for? I will never need it again. I hate how they trick you into giving them your phone number for a free bag of candy. Wow. Now I kinda feel like a candy whore.

In case you were wondering, I did not eat both bags at once. Despite how much I wanted to :)

2 comments:

  1. You had me at Candy Whore! As an aside.....try peanut BUTTER M&M's. I am addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your willpower to not eat both bag is truly astounding.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?