Sunday, January 31, 2010

I'm Going...

I told him that it was time to leave. I told him that we had to go home.

"No," he answered.

"You want to stay with Grandma? Don't you want to go to daycare tomorrow?"

"No," was his reply.

"Don't you want to play with Jeffrey?"

"No."

"Okay, well, Momma is going to go home." I went for my coat. As I was putting my coat on he went and sat on Grandma's lap.

"Wow. Okay. Well, I am going to put the suitcase in the car and I will be right back." I started for the door.

"Momma! Momma! Momma! Wait!!" I spun around and he was running towards me with tears streaming down his face. I fell to my knees to embrace him.

"Oh my god! Momma isn't going to leave you!" I was blinking back tears. I felt terrible. He wouldn't let me out of his sight for a minute.

8 comments:

  1. I cried reading this....the bond between a child and mother is so strong....makes me think of my mum....

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww!! now you have me blinking back tears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.. how sweet is that?! Damn you and your sweetness, Raine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great moment, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's beautiful.
    And I would have paid a million bucks to see the look on mom's face.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet! You have to love when kids do things like because it lets you know that you are a huge part of their lives and they love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww... I bet that just tears you up! I used to do that to my baby bro when I was raising him... Funny how quickly they catch on to the false threat, though. Don't let anybody tell you kids aren't smart. They are so perceptive!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?