Monday, July 18, 2011

How To Simplify Your Life

Okay, so the title is a bit misleading. I don't really know how to simplify my life, but that is what I am going to do. I started by whittling down what I carry around. I really do not need rewards cards from every store. At grocery stores, you can just ask the cashier to scan the store card. Then for the other stores, have you even earned any rewards off of these things? I do from my CVS and AC Moore cards so I kept them and tossed all the others. That was a huge relief.

Speaking of supposed savings, I used to keep all the coupons I got in the mail, just in case. Just in case what? The valvoline place blows up and I have to get an oil change elsewhere? I will certainly need $5 off. So those get recycled. Papers that probably have interesting articles but have been sitting on my table for a month? Gone. And I don't miss them.

I can't watch Hoarders because it gives me a panic attack, but I'm sure they have some great advice. Post any ideas or links in the comments. We could work on this together?

2 comments:

  1. I sort of did the same thing recently. I got a new pouch for a wallet and forgot to put the whole lot of cards I was carrying around in there.

    I was told to put a recycle bin (or paper bag) near where you put your mail so if you don't want something you get rid of it immediately. My apartment is a little too messy now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like downsizing on things. Makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?