Sunday, July 24, 2011

Where I Am From

I found this at Musings from the Big Pink who found it somewhere else. There is a template that I followed. I put up a linky at the end of this post if you want to do your own and share it! I'd love to read yours.

I am from the murky bottom of the lake, from Cabbage Patch Kids and Big League Chew.

I am from the smell of a candle, from noisy family dinners. I am from delicious no-bake cookies.

I am from using a buttercup to determine the affinity for butter. I am from misty waterfalls, from rock hopping, from the amazing sight at the top of a 4,000 footer.

I am from dry jokes and thick hair. I am from Larry and Ellen, from Wyatt and Rose.

I am from the insistence that you are wrong. I am from generosity, knowledge, and love.

From digging to China. From not picking up dirty feathers. From surveillance equipment in the back of a Humpty Dumpty truck and getting you face hit by a train.

I am from Catholicism. I am from baptisms and first communions. I am from denying the existence of God.

I am from Boston. I am from Germany, Ireland, and England. I am from boiled potatoes and baked chicken.

From not knowing where Pleasant Street is. From setting up the Taj Ma Tent in the rain.

I am from the low pipes in a cobwebby basement. From piles and piles of dusty boxes. From the irreplaceable family photos stored in said dusty boxes.



2 comments:

  1. I love this.

    I also tried to dig my way to China until my Dad got home and I was about 4.5 feet down.

    I will have to do this tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?