Monday, June 29, 2009

Adventures in Potty Training Part II

I have not given potty training updates because there have been none to be had. I honestly don't know if we are going forward, backward, or standing still. Let's figure it out together.

He was doing great at first. Really loved Once Upon A Potty and liked sitting on the potty. Then, he decided that he didnt want to read that book. Then he decided that he didnt want to sit on the potty at all.

I decided not to press the issue. I didnt want him to hate it because he was forced to do it. I would ask if he wanted to sit but he would say no. Now, he says no to everything, so at first I thought he was just giving his standard response, so I tried putting him on it anyways, but that just led to alot of screaming. For good or bad, I gave up a little bit. Id ask, but not insist.

Everytime he took a bath he took enjoyment in peeing in the tub. As soon as he sat down! I began asking him if he wanted to potty before he got in. But, of course he didnt because he wanted to pee in the tub.

Yuck. Do girls do this? I suppose it wouldnt be as easy to tell.

Somewhere along this time, I (read: my mom) got some stickers as incentives. At first I thought that I would give him a sticker for just sitting on the potty. But, he was too smart for me. He sat, got his sticker, and left. Then I told him that he had to actually use the potty to get a sticker. That just pissed him off.

No pun intended.

So, I guess that brings me to now. I made him sit on the potty before the bath. Before I even ran the water. Trying to outsmart him. Yes, my two year old. Its not as easy as it sounds. Anyways, he did sit. And he did pee. We had a little potty party. I told him that he could have a sticker after his bath, which I am confident he did not understand.

He still peed in the tub. C'est la vie.

4 comments:

  1. Lol. That bit about your son sitting, taking sticker then leaving is hilarious. Hats off to mothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahahaha he is a very smart boy... you have to be careful with him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't push my son, either. When he was ready, he just did it, and never had an accident after that once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha he's a gem! i once played peek-a-boo using the shower curtains with a 2 year old sitting on her potty. she had so much fun she wanted to go again later and pooped twice.

    also "the gas we pass" is a pretty damn funny book too.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?