Sunday, June 21, 2009

Perfect Day

Yesterday started out a bit shaky but turned wonderful!! I was pretty hungover when Ryder woke me up at 6am. I dont know what he was thinking!

It was supposed to rain all weekend, but the meterologists forgot to tell the clouds to come around, so it was beautiful!! We went over to the galleries on Artist's Row. They have some new shows up. The art was great. I wish I had a house so I could have an art collection. Oh, yeah, and a bit of money too would help. The woman at one of the galleries had some crayons out, so we sat and watched Ryder color for a while. She was lovely. I think I will go over there more often.

I was so into the art work, I thought that we would go over to the Peabody Essex Museum to see the new shows over there. On our way, though, there was some kids playing in the fountain (there wasnt any water? where was it?) and thought Ryder might like to, as well. So we just hung out for a while and talked to some kids. Anyways, I decided it was too nice out to go to the PEM, so we started walking in the opposite direction. We stopped at CVS to get drinks and sat near some guy playing a guitar. We chatted with him a while and Ryder ran around a bit.

When we got home, there was a little boy in the window next door. Ryder and he were chatting away in their own little language. Actually, the other boy was speaking more Spanish than anything else, but maybe Ryder still understood. I just sat and listened. It was amazing. It was just like two old friends catching up.

Then we both took naps. I for 2 hours and Ryder for 4! We went back outside and chatted with our neighbors a bit. One of my neighbors is moving out so we are all pretty psyched and are making tons of plans for the yard and such. She is crazy (you'll hear more about her on Tuesday). For dinner we went over to the Derby Deli Cafe. It was really nice. The tide was high and all the boats were docked. I am so lucky to live so close to the harbor. I love watching the boats.

So, all in all, we didnt really do much, but it was so nice. I think the sun makes everything just a bit better.

1 comment:

  1. that does sound nice :) I wish it would stop raining up here :( maybe but Thursday the weatherman said... Hope you have more perfect days :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?