Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Love documentaries, but why?

A few years ago, something happened that caused a bit post-traumatic stress disorder, but that is another blog for another day. Just a little bit of background. Anyways, I used to read the newspaper every single day. Every bit of it! And it would upset me so much. Anyone remember the aunt that walked into traffic with her niece and nephew? That bothered me for weeks. I had nightmares and such. So, I stopped reading papers. And started watching documentaries like it was my job. So, instead of reading an article about something disturbing, I watch 100 minutes of it. Why do I do this to myself?

I watched "Taxi to the Dark Side" on sunday. Wrecked my day, for sure. It is a great documentary. Its perhaps the most bipartisan account Ive watched. It is about the detainee abuse in Abu Gharib, GTMO, and other such prisons. I would recommend it if you are properly prepared, which I was not. It was incredibly depressing.

You know that Ill watch another soon. I cant get enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whatcha think?