Saturday, May 22, 2010

Free Bridal Shower Games!

I threw a bridal shower for my sister this past weekend and the games were a hit!  I took ideas from different places, but made them my own.  I thought I'd share them with you.

This is Flower Fill-in-the-Blanks.  They are fairly famous-ish quotes that contain the names of flowers, which I have cleverly omitted.



Click this link to download the game and this link to download the answers.  Once you download the file you can edit it however you like.

I gave the prize to the first person to get all the questions correct.

My next game was Power Purse.  This game is pretty flexible.  I read out the item and the points and if they had the item in their purse, they got the points.  You can change any of the items to suit your own needs.  This game was very competitive!


Power Purse  


 The prize went to the person with the most points, which happened to be the bride in my case.  She is a girl who is always prepared ;)

The next game we played was all about floral arrangement.  I bought small Glad food containers, floral foam and fake flowers.  The guests were split into groups of five or so and had to use the materials to create a bouquet of flowers.  The bride then chose the best and that team got the prize.  These were surprisingly really nice.  (As of yet, I do not have a picture.)

And finally, I cut out simple flower shapes from card stock.  I had the guests write a piece of marital advice on each flower and tape a pencil to the back (for the stem) and put them all in a vase filled with rocks.  This was awesome.  The guests could write something funny, something serious, write their name, or not.  I really enjoyed reading what everyone wrote.  It was something nice that the bride can take home.  And she will be set for number 2 pencils for several years.


All the games were a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed them.  Let me know if you use them and what, if any, changes you make.

2 comments:

  1. These are good games! I like the flowers a lot, you're very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas! I bet y'all had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?