Friday, May 21, 2010

Occupations

No, not like military occupations.  Like jobs.  I know you are always thinking war, aren't you?

I am starting a list of possible occupations I could do, if/when I ever decide to leave my glorious tech job.

  • Lawyer - I love to argue.  I think I am fairly good at it too.  And I will argue about anything.  A big source of conflict in my marriage was what would happen if aliens landed.  Serious arguing there.  The biggest flaw in this plan is the 6-ish years of school I would have to attend.  Errr....
  • Pilot - I've always wanted to learn how to fly.  I don't think I would want to do it commercially though.
  • Lobbyist - This really interests me, because I'd love to make a difference.  I'd love to help pass laws that helped the people of our nation.  But, there would be a bit of schooling and a whole lot of unpaid internships.  That will make rent difficult to come by.
  • Non-profit organization - I don't know what kind of non-profit and I'm not really sure what I would do, but this goes back to wanting to make a difference.  I would love to do something that changed opinions of the lower class.
  • Alpaca farmer - Well, not just alpacas.  I'd have goats too.  I love goats.  And alpacas.  What a relaxing life that would be.  I'd probably have to move out of the city, though.
  • Scientist - haha.. just kidding!
  • Zookeeper - So, I know I've done this already, but maybe an AZA zoo would be better.  I'd love to do more behavioral research and less landscaping.
  • Concert Violinist - I'd have to learn the violin.  I'd probably need to buy a violin.  And I'd probably need some natural talent.  But, once I've got all that, I'd love to play for the Boston Pops or something.
  • Animal Chiropractor - I considered this before, but again with the schooling.  I need an occupation that I don't need to go back to school for.
  • Humanities Professor - I minored in humanities which is a useless degree unless you plan on teaching humanities.  Maybe I could do that.
  • Daycare Provider - How awesome would that be?!  I adore kids and to be able to spend more time with my own would be a dream come true.  If I had a house, or something, I'd definitely consider this one.
  • Blogger - Hey, how cool would it be to be paid for blogging?  Oh, but I don't want to do any giveaways or reviews or anything like that.  So, yeah.  You think I could get someone to pay me to blog about possible job opportunities?

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is some list....you are a very unique girl....love it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for Alpaca Chiropractor. Those long necks just HAVE to need some adjusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to be a Philanthropist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol I'd like to get paid to be a blogger too but like you, only writing about what I WANT to write about ;)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?