Thursday, May 13, 2010

I Didn't Start the Fire

When I was young, I was TERRIFIED that I was going to spontaneously combust.  I don't know where I heard about it, but I was sure that it was going to happen to me.  I had no idea when or how this would happen, which made it all the scarier.  I would be sitting watching TV or something and think, "Shit.  This might be it.  I might spontaneously combust right here, right now and no one will know what had happened."

I was truly afraid of this.

I must have forgotten about it sometime during my studies.  Or perhaps I learned enough biology to not believe in it any more.  Anyways, I came across this article yesterday and it kinda upset me.  I can't really explain it.  It's just a really disturbing thought, someone just catching on fire for no reason.

God, I truly worry about the stupidest things.

2 comments:

  1. If it helps, I've always kind of worried about this, too. Especially if I'm feeling too warm or something.

    I know it doesn't help allay your fears, but you're not alone in worrying about stupid crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now I'm worried about spontaneously catching on fire! Thanks Raine. :P

    Oh sometimes I worry that when I'm having pains, that maybe it isn't just "nothing" and that there's something seriously wrong and I'm dying.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?