Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I Slammed the Door in Her Face

My brother got married a year ago and I was a bridesmaid with my sisters. My SIL's bff was her maid of honor.

Now, don't get me wrong, the bff is a great girl. She has a couple of children and works, so is obviously quite busy.

She didn't do anything. Didn't even come to the bridal shower (albeit she had sick children), but you know what I mean.

Anyways, my mom asks her if she is ready for the speech. She says she is not giving one.

WHAT???

But it was her job. Her sworn duty as a maid of honor to give a speech. We couldn't just not have a speech. So I volunteered. I had a couple of drinks by then and hadn't a single word planned out, so I was sure that I was going to bomb rock. I told bff that I would give it if she found me the mike. She jumped up so fast!

"I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say 'it's about time!'" It took them 10ish years to get married. "I remember when I first met SIL. She came to our door asking for brother and I don't remember exactly what I said but it was certainly something rude and I slammed the door in her face." Oops! "But since that time she has not only become a friend but a sister. Cheers!"

Overall it went well, despite the drinks and the lack of planning.

Inspired by Mama Kat's prompt: Write about a speech you gave at a wedding.

8 comments:

  1. Very good work, especially without preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very good, well done;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it at least got some laughs, huh?

    Now, did that really happen? Why'd you slam the door?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lame maid of honor! Good thing you were there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Raine.. I didn't know the backse story when starting the post, as I have been away for a while, I thought I was about to read you got in a chick fight with someone.. LMAO.. Good speech though..

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?