Friday, February 12, 2010

God-Shaped Hole


I do not reread books. I figure that there are so many good books out there that I don't have time to read one book twice.

God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo is different. It is the second book I've ever reread. (First being Bridge to Terabithia because I saw the movie.) This is the only book I've ever purchased after I read it. This is my favorite book.

Trixie is a woman who doesn't belong in L.A. Sure, she has the money but she is not soulless like the people around her. She answers a personals ad (If your intentions are pure, I am seeking a friend for the end of the world) and meets Jacob Grace. They have a turbulent romance full of passion, family issues, sex, and love. They are soul mates.

I feel like I connect with the characters even though I am nothing like either of them. Both are drifting through life, unhappy, searching for something (hope, faith, the meaning of it all) and find each other. They help each other become better people. They understand each other. I so want to say that I want a relationship like this, but I cannot. I guess you would have to read it to understand.

This book is the ultimate cheesy romance without the cheese. This is no Harlequin romance, ladies. The characters feel real. If you told me that they were and they were living in Memphis, I would believe you. Then I'd go looking for them.

8 comments:

  1. I've not heard of it, but have been looking for a good book to read... Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an award over at my blog!

    That book sounds really good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always looking for a recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll have to see if I can get this from the library next because of this review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to get all my reading done when I rode the bus into work. Now that I work from home, I don't have any more free time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great to find books like that. They travel with you through life like old friends. Every time you reread them they give you something different.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a good read. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to read this one!
    I totally reread books all the time. I have a book I'm reading right now, Midnight for Charlie bone. I read it when I was a kid and found it the other day. I'll have a review on that one soon too!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?