Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training Part VI

Part I, II, III, IV, V

Maria at daycare said "No more diapers!"

I said "Okay!"

So began our new regiment. Ryder wears Pull-Ups and no pants. His potty follows him around. (Not so much in my apartment, its not really that big.) We ask him every 10 minutes if he needs to potty. We celebrate his successes and brush off the non-successes.

So far, so good.

He has been doing really well. I'm really proud of him. I am also proud of my parents because they stuck to the plan while they were babysitting - who could've predicted that??

I don't think it will be long before this series comes to a close!!

I hope I didn't just jinx myself. Knock on wood.

The only thing is is that he likes to watch it. And sometimes it goes a little crazy. I think I'm going to have to teach him to stand at some point. Isn't this where the father is supposed to come in? I'll figure it out. I always do ;)

9 comments:

  1. Get a small stool for infront of the toilet. Toss some cheerios in the bowl and tell him to aim for those. (Be prepared for a few messes - but it makes it more like a game than a thing to learn.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll knock on wood for you too. i say let him sit, what's the big deal. less mess. he'll learn about the standing option eventually. the Peanut liked the Once Upon a Potty movie. My nephews had no interest. My sister wound up having to do some one day potty boot camp thing...whatever works right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so jealous! But yay for your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have 3 boys. Say no to standing !! For as long as possible. I'm training my twin girls at the moment. Whole different ball game, but just as messy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYYY RYDER!!! (Yayyyy Mommmy too!!!) My boys both sat while potty training and for a while after.. (and every time I'm cleaning all the pee of the seat and floor I find myself wishing we never taught them to stand while peeing..LMAO) When we did however we also used the Cheerio method. Keep up the great work, your an amazing mum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stopping by through way of Mommy Lisa's. I have to admit...I am getting ready to try the potty training with my last of four. I have a personal goal. My two oldest were short of four when we accomplished this important time in their lives. (In my defense, I was working 50 hours a week on 3rd shifts with no daytime baby sitting help). My daughter had recently turned three when we accomplished this very important goal. My last child will be three in June. I had set a date for last week, but had a surgery sneak in, so postponed it. I babysit my nephew Monday-Wednesday, so I am waiting till Thursday this week to start.

    Things I learned in the past that I am hoping will help this time around...

    Bribery is not the worse thing, it helped my other three get through it very quick.

    Don't give them an option...never ask if they want to go. Suggest, insist, but never ask. This is included in using the potty and wearing underwear.

    Be patient, they are counting on you. If you have the right attitude, they will too.

    Don't give up! I followed that method with the first two, if they don't get it, give them a break. In the end it gets very confusing.

    Good luck for you and your little one. Hoping I have some of that luck this weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. "We celebrate his successes and brush off the non-successes. "

    You're doing an amazing job at this. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?