Sunday, August 16, 2009

Adventures In Potty Training Part III

Have you read 1 & 2?

I bought some Pull-Ups. He doesn't seem interested in them at all, but they are here just in case.

He has been asking me more often to change his diaper. I get so excited when he does! Although, more than not he doesn't want his diaper changed. Slowly but surely.

I have found that bribery rewards seem to help. He gets a sticker every time he uses the potty. (Sometimes, I reuse stickers. He doesn't know the difference!!) I think the stickers are particularly helpful before baths. I think he is starting to realize that he doesn't get a sticker for peeing in the bath. I am teaching him to maximize his profits.

I talked to daycare about starting him out using the potty there. I think they have had minimal success. My mom told me that she knows a woman who took a whole week of vacation from work to potty train. She said it worked. I said that there was no way I was going to take a week off to potty train.

On a side note, I saw a couple walking down the street today. The woman was pushing a carriage and the man was carrying a potty! Ugg! I so don't want to do that! (Note to self: find new husband - fast!)

We are going at our own pace. We are still reading Once Upon A Potty and we are still enjoying it. I may never know what is so exciting about that book.

That is all from the potty front.

1 comment:

Whatcha think?