Friday, August 14, 2009

Shameless Self Promotion


Yes, I looked for the worst picture of myself that I could find. I just walked 13 miles... you wouldn't look hot either! There is a good pic somewhere though....
This was taken at last year's Boston Marathon's Jimmy Fund Walk. We walked 13.1 miles and raised money for the Jimmy Fund which raises money for cancer research.
I am walking again this year! It is September 13th (oh god!)
Why I walk: My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer in October 2007. She immediately had surgery but the large tumor is right on her hepatic artery, so they could not get all of it. She then tried chemo. Again, it shrunk the tumor but it was still there. They put her on a "maintenance" dose of chemo and that just prevented it from getting worse. Now she is participating in a drug trial at Mass General Hospital. We are cautiously optimistic.
The Jimmy Fund supports research, such as the one my mom participates in. I am proud to be a part of it.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Whatcha think?