Thursday, August 13, 2009

That's Good. That's Bad.

Reasons today sucked:
  1. I was given a sheet of things to do at work then they got mad at me because the sheet was wrong.
  2. It was cold this morning.
  3. The cassette for my western didn't have tape so it leaked (I know you probably don't understand this one, but just know it sucked.)
  4. I went to lunch late, by myself.
  5. People don't clean up after themselves.
  6. The walk sign wouldn't light up when we were trying to cross the street. We had to wait through several rotations.
  7. It started raining while we were at the farmer's market.
  8. Traffic was terrible.
  9. I got a court summons which I now have to figure out how to serve my ex.
  10. The Department of Revenue is always closed when I remember to call them.
  11. I have to call my mom and tell her that I don't want to go up there this weekend.

Reasons today was good:

  1. I was able to get cash back at CVS instead of paying the ATM fee.
  2. I shared a Twix with Ryder.
  3. We went to the farmer's market and bought some delicious food.
  4. It started raining at the market but it was a sun shower and felt kinda nice.
  5. I had leftover Chinese for lunch.
  6. I finished a bunch of stuff at work that was piling on my desk.
  7. Ryder is playing nicely with his blocks.
  8. I will finally get to get this court crap over with.
  9. I had a nice walk this morning.
  10. I had a nice nap on the train.
  11. I wasn't worried that the dog was going to die of heat exhaustion while we were out.

I suppose looking over my lists, today wasn't as bad as I originally thought. Maybe I should do this every day. Plus, most of the bad stuff was at work and the good stuff at home. That's how it is supposed to be, right?

8 comments:

  1. I think this is a really interesting excercise and I may have to try it myself. Thanks for posting this, Raine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is good that the bad stuff was more at work...that way you can always leave it there and go home! And yes, definitely a good idea to balance out the bad and the good for a more positive focus :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's exactly how it should be! Home is your refuge. What'd you get good at the market?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this, raine! yes, doing this every day would do us all a lot of good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm...twix...I couldn't focus after that. I still can't taste anything sweet since the tonsillectomy. Every night I have my daughter tell me things that made her happy that day. It's easy to think about the crappo stuff, but sometimes a few minutes of focusing on happy things puts it all into perspective. And, of course, a nap makes any day a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be sure not to ask the question: What else...LOL

    You have the right attitude! It'a all about the tude dude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that I need to write a damn list, too. Puts things in perspective!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?