Monday, August 3, 2009

Confession Time

That's what it is all about, right? That's why you tune in, right? Well, here it goes.

Before I went on vacation, I wasn't sure that I would be able to handle being with my son for an entire week. Was I really going to tend to his every need by myself for an entire week? Sure, I had pretty much done that when he was a babe, but since he was 5 months he has been in daycare.

Sometimes on weekends, I feel like I can't handle it.

So, here I am, back at work (not working, obviously) and I am not lamenting the fact that I am here, but that Ryder is not. While I was walking today, I just wanted to feel his little hand in mine. I want to talk about choo choo trains for hours. I thought that I was over this missing-him-while-he's-at-daycare thing. Apparently not.

He fully enjoyed our vacation. He never complained because we didn't go camping. He wasn't disappointed that it rained and we couldn't go to Palace Playland. He was okay with staying in a hotel. He loved the trains. Oh, god, did he love the trains.

Perhaps, vacation didn't go as planned. I got something better out of it that wasn't planned, either. I can be a mother for an entire week. I wish I could spend every week with him.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that was so sweet. Enjoy it while it lasts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet to hear. And I know what you mean. So glad to hear the vacation ended up giving you something, even if it was unexpected. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn..The word sweet is getting overused...but It So Is.
    I miss my babies too sometimes. Sometimes, they're only cute when they sleep.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! The devil is in the details, anyway, so I'm sure you're glad everything didn't go as planned. So great you had fun!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?