Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Soundtrack to My Life

Soundtrack of your life: Pick 10 songs that you would have on a soundtrack for your life, pick a line from each that you most identify with and write a short statement of why this song made it.


Phish "Waste" - Come waste your time with me  I love these lyrics.  A perfect day for me would be with another person and we would just waste time.  We would just be together and that would be enough.

Saves the Day "Shoulder to the Wheel" - And I say "Just go.  Please, Dave, just drive."  I guess this taps into my inner fight or flight instinct.  I think the flight portion is stronger.  So often I just want to run away.

Secondhand Serenade "Stranger" - I'd have to write a thousand songs to make you comprehend how beautiful you are. - If a man sang this to me I would be his forever <3

Bob Marley "No Woman No Cry" - Everything's gonna be alright, everything's gonna be alright This is the song I turn to when I am crying.  I need to be reminded that everything's gonna be alright.

Spongebob Squarepants "F. U. N. Song" - F is for friends who do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for anywhere and any time at all.  Reminds me to have fun :D

Rolling Stones "Mother's Little Helper"And goes running for the shelter of a mother's little helper
And two help her on her way, get her through her busy day  I am eternally grateful for my little helper.  Makes life so much more bearable.

Jewel "I'm Sensitive" - I have this theory that if we're told we're bad Then that's the only idea we'll ever have But maybe if we are surrounded in beauty Someday we will become what we see  This is a good philosophy, I think.

Harry Connick Jr "Cry Me a River" - And now you say you love me, well, just to prove me you do, cry me a river, cry me a river.  I cried a river over you.  This describes my relationship with the ex.

Andrew Llyod Webber "Everything's Alright" - Try not to get worried, try not to turn on to Problems that upset you, oh.  Don't you know Everything's alright, yes, everything's fine.  See a pattern forming?  I need not to worry so much.

Jane Siberry "It Can't Rain All the Time" - It won't rain all the time The sky won't fall forever And though the night seems long Your tears won't fall forever  Yeah, I think you've picked up the pattern now.

Oh, and if you like these songs, I've made a nice neat playlist.

Mama's Losin' It

7 comments:

  1. I love music so much. And I have to admit, "Take a look at me so you can see how beautiful you are" might be some of the greatest lyrics ever..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the prompt that I picked too :) I love that Spongebob is on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say you're a pessimist but I see all your songs seem to have a more hopeful tone so I think you're really a closet optimist! I LOVE Secondhand Serande and my facorite soundtrack when I was a teen was the Jesus Christ Superstar album. I think I almost wore it out playing it so much. Thanks for the walk back in my own history. I very much enjoyed it.

    Stopping by from MamaKat's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That is a very good playlist. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to agree that this is a very hopeful - looking forward to tomorrow type list. There are a few that I hadn't heard and some I hadn't heard in a while... have the great playlist running now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think "wasting" a whole day with someone sounds wonderful, too! Thank you for stopping in on my blog!
    Much love!
    *New Follower*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list for a soundtrack of your life! I love Bob Marley, so one of his songs would definitely make my list too.

    Thanks so much for visiting my blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?