Saturday, June 12, 2010

Too Much History!

When I didn't have any money, I didn't go anywhere.  I didn't have any money to do anything.  But now that I have some money saved, I have been finding all of these free things to do.  Why didn't I find these things before?  I guess even leaving the house costs money; gas, food.

Have you ever heard of Letterboxing?  If not, click on the link and check it out - it's like a treasure hunt.  The first couple boxes I looked for, I couldn't find, which was pretty discouraging, but I found three today and now I feel like making this a full time job!


So, I found these boxes while we were exploring Concord, MA today.  Orignally I just wanted to go see Walden Pond, but we got sucked into all sorts of history.  Walden Pond is really high right now because of all of the rain we've been getting.  There is no inlet or outlet, so I suppose it's not going anywhere any time soon.

We went over to Sleepy Hollow and Author's Ridge where we saw the graves of Thoreau, Emerson, and Alcott.  Old cemetaries are always cool.  I looked for a couple of letterboxes over there, but couldn't find them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Then we went over to the old North Bridge where the "shot heard 'round the world" was fired.


We don't care about no stinking rain!

3 comments:

  1. A few years ago, when I was in your area, I visited all these places. I have nearly identical shots! It's a truly beautiful and interesting place. Would love to take my kids back there now, but it's a long (and expensive) trip from Brisbane, Australia! sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be! Rain should never stop a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?