Wednesday, June 30, 2010

'Twas A Night

'Twas a night during the summer, when on the second floor

The girls were talking, giggling, and more.

I in my nightgown and he starting to snore

Had just settled down on the futon by the door.

On top of us the window broke like a flash,

We could smell exhaust and were covered in glass.

Mom sprung from the bed to tell us the news,

A car drove through the house and the driver smelled of booze.

As I gathered my thoughts and turned around,

Down the hall my Dad came with a bound.

He whistled and shouted to the Mustang driver;

"Turn off the engine and call a firefighter!"

When what to my wondering eyes should see,

A fireman, a policeman, and an EMT.

They said we were in shock,

All i could do was listen, I could not talk.


The prompt:
Write a poem about a memory you sometimes wish would disappear.



Mama's Losin' It

5 comments:

Whatcha think?