Thursday, September 23, 2010

Damn Feelings

Sometimes I go weeks without even a passing thought about him.  Then there are times when someone says something, or I look at Ryder a certain way and it reminds me of his father.

I try to be nonchalant about it, like I am totally cool with talking about him.  Like, whatever, he's in the past, I don't care.  But secretly it hurts.

It is hard to describe the feeling.  I obviously still love him, somewhere deep deep deep where I can't see it, but I OBVIOUSLY never want to see him again.  Not even for a moment.  Honestly, the prospect of seeing him scares me.  He is very manipulative.  I never want to doubt myself again.

I guess the feeling I get is nostalgia.  I miss what we had.  I am sad that it didn't work out.

I was always afraid of the label "divorcée" but seriously, I love saying "My ex-husband."  It makes me feel like Elizabeth Taylor or something.

4 comments:

  1. Isnt it funny how the past keeps a bit of our soul...just a bit, a tiny piece....creeping in when we least expect it/..

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get this, for what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remember that you got to keep the best part of him.

    And divorcée sounds oh so french, that it has to be a good thing. :)

    When people found out I was divorced they would say they were sorry. I used to ask them why, I wasn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally understand. My first husband and I were together for 21 years. That's a lot of time to spend with one man. When I was alone and missing him, I would just remind myself of how he could REALLY be and that would bring me back fast! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?