Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Let's Not Burn the Qur'an

Got time to send this guy a quick email?  Apparently he is planning on burning the Qur'an on 9/11.  He has been getting death threats from around the world and has taken to carrying a gun.  A US General has asked the church not to do this because it could spark world violence.  I sent him a quick email here.  Here is what I said:

I know that many people are urging you not to burn the Qur'an, but I'd like to let you know that I, too, urge you not to.

I am an atheist, but I still respect other people's holy texts. I would no more support burning the Qur'an than support burning the bible. I see that as one in the same. I understand that you do not, but I would just like you to think about what you would do if the Muslim community took to burning bibles.

I know that many people have killed in the name of Allah, but need I remind you how many have killed in the name of Christ? I sincerely hope you reconsider your plans.

2 comments:

  1. Very good. I will shoot him an email as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vatican even thinks it's outrageous to burn it. THE VATICAN!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?