Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Worst Field Trip Ever

The worst field trip I ever went on.


I loved summer camp at the YMCA. I remember loving winning the Who Can Fall Asleep Fastest award every day! I have always loved my naps. Sometimes they took us on field trips, usually to the playground a couple of blocks away. On one of these trips I was standing in the middle of the jungle gym and I desperately wanted to reach the top. So I took a huge jump but at the height of my ascent I felt a sharp pain in my arm. I fell on to the tar - because we were tough kids who didn't need pansy wood chips on our playgrounds. One of the counselors came running over and told me that a bee had stung me. I remember crying and crying and the counselor carried me back to the Y. I remember him telling me that bees only stung once because they die when their stinger was torn out. This somehow made 5 year old me feel better. 



a mom blog community

3 comments:

  1. Those darn mean bees! They deserve what they get after stinging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I grew up in the country so I've been stung by bees or hornets many times. Hornets are worse I think because they're just bastards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh. I hate getting stung. I sat on a wasp last year and got stung on my butt cheek!

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?