Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Where is My Superhero?

It's not easy to be a superheroImage by Esparta via Flickr

Mama Kat says "A superhero can save you from what ails you....what is your request?"

My ailment resides in my head. But also on my shoulders. And within my heart. I am glad a superhero can save me because I am afraid that conventional methods have failed. I have tried everything from medication to meditation.

Superhero, save me from my guilt.

I carry around overwhelming guilt and I know that it is unfounded. It is not inflicted by anyone but myself. Although some may be left over from the ex.

I feel guilty about having to use daycare, not having a man around, not cooking well-rounded meals, spending too much money, not doing enough, not cleaning enough, not reading enough, not calling my friends and family, staying up too late, not watching my netflix in a timely manner, not taking my dog out enough, having sweets around, not having sweets around, going to work, not going to work, writing depressing blogs, blah, blah, blah.

I hope my superhero is really super. They will need to be.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie, we've all been there. It's so hard to keep in perspective sometimes. Just keep doing the best you can with the tools you were given!

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Blink, blink} You just described Life. Pretty much everyone's life, even if they look like they've got it all together.

    Give yourself a break. Does your kid smile when he sees you? (I'm thinkin' yes.) Then that's all you need to tell you your doing ok.

    Let some of the guilt go, it's only holding you back. Trust me, I know. Oh, do I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Raine. It's sometimes hard to let go of guilt, even if you have no reason to feel guilty. You're doing great though, and Frannie's right, if Ryder is happy, then you're doing just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all suffer from mommy guilt - we can do the best we can with the time that we have.

    Sometimes, as a parent, good enough is good enough - nobody is perfect.

    You have to cut yourself some slack - your son is doing well...and that's really the only thing that matters, and the only measuring stick you need to use.

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?