Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Zucchini Bread

I'm not a fan of recipe sharing, but this one is awesome and super easy. My friend gave it to me and I am giving it to you! I have used summer squash as well as zucchini. Let me know if you try it.


Zucchini Bread

3 cups shredded zucchini (2-3 medium)
1 2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla
4 large eggs
3 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp baking powder
½ cup nuts
½ cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350˚. Make sure the oven rack is placed so the top of the pan is in the center of the oven.
Grease 2 8”x4” pans or equivalent.
Stir first 5 ingredients together (zuc – eggs)
Stir in rest of the ingredients except for the raisins and nuts.
Stir in raisins and nuts.
Cook for 50 – 60 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try that. Anything to get some new veggies in my kids. And, ahem...myself! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy......U know I love cooking, Im so gonna try this:)

    thank u

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?