Friday, April 16, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training Part VII

Part I, II, III, IV, V, VI

So, I know that you have been dying for an update.  It all happened so quick!

We quickly switched from diapers at night to Pull-Ups at night.  I then got rid of all diapers on the premises (gave them to a friend - don't worry!)  And for during the day.... Underwear!

I had a panic attack.  Underwear?  For my baby??  Omg, I couldn't handle it.  Seemed crazy.  But I went along with it and it worked out just fine.  Not long after I noticed that his Pull-Ups were always dry in the mornings.  We moved to underwear all the time.

So far it has been pretty good.  He is pretty good at letting me know when he needs to potty.  Of course there have been accidents, but hopefully he is learning from them. 

I have had to step in and take charge when my parents think they know best.  They asked him if he needed to potty and he said no several times.  My mom was physically holding him back from the living room and was telling him that he had to go potty.  His sweet eyes were pleading to me for help.  I told her not to push him, that he is really good at going potty if he needs to.  I am beginning to learn that my parents do not always know best.  I know Ryder best.

It is all a work in progress.  Everything is a work in progress.  He starts pre-school in a couple of weeks.  He doesn't need to be potty trained to go, but I am glad that he will be.  One less thing to stress about.

5 comments:

  1. My niece just got potty trained and she ate supper with us the other night. She finished her food, stood up and said "Excuse me, do you have a bathroom?" It was so damn cute! She's 2 1/2 btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good! Ryder sounds like he's getting so grown up :) They grow so fast right before your eyes. Enjoy every minute you can!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Enjoy carrying less when you go out. I'm still waiting for my twins to be dry at night. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started training my 28 month old TODAY!! very funny I stumbled upon your blog post this very day :).
    My daughter's day went like this: 4 in the toilet... 400 on the floor. :)

    ReplyDelete

Whatcha think?